Bureau of Engineering - City of Los Angeles
Planning Case Referral Form (PCRF)
When to Use a Planning Case Referral Form (PCRF)

Purpose: This document will establish preliminary right of way requirements for projects for which a Master Land Use Application is required other than for a subdivision.

The Planning Case Referral Form (PCRF) is required if the Master Land Use Application is for a project which includes one of the following:

  • New Construction or Addition to the Floor Area for commercial and/or industrial purposes in any zone.
  • New construction, alteration, increasing dwelling units for multi-family buildings in any zone.
  • Zone Changes
  • The PCRF is not required for projects involving a subdivision or Single Family dwelling in the Hillside Area. (Refer to L.A.M.C. 12.21 A 17 e and a Hillside Referral Form)

    A City Engineer�s Land Use Report supersedes and is required to establish final conditions for which a PCRF has been prepared and which requires establishment of conditions for the approval of a Master Land Use Application.

    A PCRF expires after 2 years.

    Fees Information

    How to File a Planning Case Referral Form (PCRF)

    To submit a new application or check the status of an existing application, you need to login if you have an account with the Bureau of Engineering or create a new account if you do not have one.

    Please click Login & New Accounts to Start.

    ©  1999-2019 Bureau of Engineering
    Department of Public Works, City of Los Angeles.

    Device-Neutral, Web-Responsive